AARON:
While Joe was in the Philippines, some mulch I ordered from the Boy Scouts arrived and guess who were the lucky ones to spread it? See their overjoyed faces? There was grumbling and corner-cutting, but we finally got the front beds spread out. It looks so much better. I need to put these kids to work more often! Aaron has really been wanting to earn money lately. There are just so many Pokemon cards to buy, plus he wants some sort of music player. So I've been letting him earn money by mowing the lawn. He's not very meticulous, so I have to watch closely and make him go back over about 10 large tufts of grass in the yard, but he's learning. Learning that I won't pay him unless the job is done well, that is!
JOSHUA:
Josh is getting a better appetite these days, which is good because he's such a skinny kid. Here he and Dan are chowing down on burritos from Chipotle that Grandpa Kolberg bought for us. Grandpa K felt bad that Joe was gone and I was preggo and tired, so he sent us out to get dinner on him. The kids were overjoyed. I think they were getting sick of mac & cheese and chicken nuggets.
Josh is playing Single A baseball this year. He tells everyone that his mom is making him play and that he doesn't want to. Every time it's time for practice, he groans. The funny thing is, he's not so bad! Last year he could hardly hit the ball. Then he got glasses this year and he hits solid hits every time he's up at bat. And look, he's even smiling as he's running!
Well, maybe this shot is more typical of Joshie. He many times has the mitt on his head, or he's squatting on the ground, or picking flowers in the grass or gazing into the trees behind the outfield (thus, not looking toward the game). Poor tortured kid. He's not getting out of playing sports, though. If I let him stop, he'd be playing Pokemon or video games all day. He has a great imagination, though, and comes up with all sorts of games and draws inventions, etc.
DANIEL:
What a little cheeser smile. Here he is on a "hay" ride with Maggie and his friend Enoch. We went there with his preschool group on a blazing hot day. Maggie decided to pee her pants on this ride, which was lots of fun.
Dan is so silly with his hats. We went on another preschool field trip recently -this time to a pizzaria, where they had the kids make their own pizzas and gave them all chef hats. Dan wore his for days and insisted on wearing it to Aaron's baseball game. The people behind us on the bleachers couldn't see too well, but they had a good laugh. He does love to cook with me, though, so maybe I should get him one that's a little more sturdy. This one already had to head to the trash.
Dan and Maggie and their friends Elizabeth and Gavin horsing around in a huge box we had. Sometimes all you need is a box for hours of entertainment. Just ask anyone who's spent tons of money on a toy only to have the kid play with the box instead.
Dano is obsessed with caterpillars recently. They're everywhere in our neighborhood, so he usually has a few pets around. His friend, Enoch, refuses to touch them, but Dan can't keep his hands off. They're always crawling up his arms, etc. and we've had more than one accidentally squished by too much love. Here he's entertaining himself, and others, at Aaron's baseball game. Notice Maggie's leopard print purse that was a "must" to bring to the game.
Here's Dan in his element. He has so much energy and loves to run and is actually quite good with a soccer ball. We have enough people in our church that have little kids who want to play, so we made an informal little league that plays every Saturday.
MARGARET:
Here's a lovely shot of her "potty party". A friend of mine wanted to potty train her daughter and invited Maggie to join in on the fun. I wasn't so sure I was ready for all the bending it would require, not to mention the patience, but Maggie did quite well. She learned how to go potty that day, and though we've had some accidents she's done very well overall. It will be nice not to have to change diapers for two kids. But it won't be fun if she doesn't cut down on the "Oopsie, Mommy, I went potty on my princess! (her princess underwear). Let's see if she's sad.")
Here was a classic shot of Maggie in distress. It was Easter Sunday during our egg hunt. I can't remember for sure, but I think she was melting from lack of a nap and too much sugar.
Here's the little poser in her "pretty dress". She loves this dress and tries to wear it outside to play, etc. If you want to get her to wear something, just tell her it's "pretty."
It was too chilly on this rainy day to just wear the fairy/princess costume, so she put it on over her clothes to watch a little Dora.
As you may have noticed in all the previous pictures, we're trying to grow out her bangs. It's a long and ugly process. She looks unkempt and shaggy half of the time, but I have high hopes that eventually it will all be one length and then I'll create complicated braids and up-do's. Yeah, right. She hardly holds still for a pony tail, but I'll keep on trying. She is my only girl, so she's going to get more hair attention than she'd probably like.
And, that's all folks. This entry has taken me 3 weeks to write in stages. Maybe someday I'll be able to be witty and remember all the funny things my kids do, but at 10 pm with swollen feet and heartburn, my brain doesn't function well. Stay tuned for more coherent postings in the future (like next year, maybe).
1 comment:
I get so startled every time I see a pic of Maggie and Daniel because they look so much like a little Seth and Liz staring back at the cam! It weirds me out... That being said, they are adorable!
And I love reading about Josh and sports and his daydreaming in the outfield. It makes me laugh every time.
Way to go on this post! I'm proud of you for even being able to coherently put sentences together, let alone remember to record so many details about your munchkins. I have a feeling after this second babe joins us, my blog affair will be hucked out the window... I'm just THAT lazy.
Post a Comment