Sunday, June 26, 2011

Big Boy Sammy!

 Well, our little cherub turned one this month.  Even though I have a longer post in the works, I knew I'd better post at least a picture of this little cutie for his birthday.  Boy does he love the swing!
For his big day I tried to make him a monkey cake, but I didn't put that much time or effort into it, so this is what he got.  Poor kid.  And then I got hungry before it was time to cut the cake, so the poor monkey only had one ear.  Sometimes you just have to sacrifice for the greater good.


In fact, it's a good thing that Sam was only turning one, because he got totally ripped off in terms of birthday celebrations.  We were so incredibly busy with school picnics, swim team, last minute projects for school, etc. that he just got shuffled from the car to stroller all day long.  It's a good thing he's such a happy baby.  He got a bit grumpy a couple of times, but mostly this is what we saw:
 He really is a very cheerful and fun fellow to have around.  He's a little rock star everywhere he goes.  I think it's because he smiles and claps for anyone who will turn their head slightly in his direction.  It's really wonderful to go into his room in the morning (especially after certain other kids wake up grumpy) and get a round of applause just for walking in the room.
If he's not smiling, you can usually catch him in the following pose.  Oh, except he's usually grabbing his ear with his other hand.
 The week before he turned one he started walking.  He had to keep up the Palmer family (well, OUR Palmer family) tradition of walking before their one year birthday. He's a bit banged up from various topplings, so at least we have a picture before he took his worst falls.

I'm so grateful to have Samuel in our family.  He brings happiness to everyone around him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Samuel.

Heather - he is so sweet. And if you could please ask him to teach my kids about the clapping on demand anytime mom walks into the room - that'd be awesome. :)

Miss you - hope all is well.

Love,
p