The week started out pretty normal with this kiddo:
But then when I was cutting his hair I forgot to put on an attachment and we came out with this:
Which prompted him to start practicing his punk look for his teenage years:
I decided that wasn't my favorite look, so I finished off the job. His smile came back.
Unfortunately that smile didn't stay quite that wide or happy for more than a day, because then this happened:
Come on, Aaron! Stop hiding!
Lookin' good, Aaron. And my pocketbook is now empty. Maggie couldn't remember what the word was for Aaron's braces, so she called them "the sparkly necklaces on his teeth." Ha! Funny what kids think. Aaron didn't really want them to be called necklaces, though...
So what caused Aaron to do something as drastic as shaving his head? Well, not too drastic, I guess, since my boys wear their hair pretty short anyway. A 16 year old boy in our ward, Spencer, was recently diagnosed with AML (leukemia) (you can see his website here: http://wawasmusings.blogspot.com/search/label/leukemia.) It's pretty aggressive and he had to start chemo right away. A number of the boys in the ward, and some of Spencer's other family members and friends decided to support him by shaving their heads. So now we have an idea of what Joe might look like when all those little hairs holding on for dear life finally lose their grip and fall out. Not too bad, I say.
No comments:
Post a Comment