Like Christmas morning, Easter started early today. Daniel felt the need to get the sugar rush started early, so he "helped" everyone find where their baskets were hidden.
Maggie's favorite item? A fluffy bunny waiting in her basket. I've already had to kiss it a number of times and eat dinner with it on my lap. Thank goodness I gave it a good cleaning after buying it for a few cents at a local thrift store.
Dan was also thrilled with his bunny. Biggest question? What's the difference between a rabbit and a bunny.
Sam was super excited about his free reign on the peanut M&Ms in his basket. I was too busy getting people ready for church to notice that he totally decimated his supply.
Quick snapshot of the kids after church. They look amazingly chipper despite the fact that they just complained about starving to death since it was 2:30, and their candy was waiting just inside the door. Torture!
The obligatory shot with mom. Sam had had it with the pictures by then.
Here's Maggie checking out her loot on the lawn. It was a bit windy today, but really a lovely spring day other than that.
Here's the lovely tree in our neighbor's yard. Spring is just exploding here.
And there's nothing like the traditional Sunday walk. The kids groan each time, but I'm still holding firm. If for nothing else, it helps keep us all sane by getting outside. Here Dan just had a wipe-out on his scooter. What kind of mom stands back and takes pictures when her kids are hurt??? (In my defense, he wouldn't stop crying, so I decided to document it for posterity. Dan is really good at milking an injury).
Here's the stroller gang. Sam was happy as long as we were moving, but as soon as we stopped, he wanted out.
We ended the evening by eating ham sandwiches (fancy, I know) and watching "The Lamb of God," which depicts the last days of Christ and is very moving. We missed having Joe with us today, as always.
1 comment:
Heather, these are great photos -- thanks for posting them. I can't tell you how much I'm missing all of you. Sam, Maggie, and Aaron are already looking more grown-up.
Joe
Post a Comment