We have some friends in our church who are runners. Some are ultra runners, others trail runners and still others are marathoners. They're great friends, but sometimes can get, shall we say, a bit over the top. The latest scheme was to run from Vienna to Arlington on the W&OD (an old railroad track that has been paved) for a date. The mileage? 11+ miles. Our destination? Ray's Hell Burger. I don't know about you, but 11 miles of running for a date does = hell. Sorry for my profanity. :) Did I mention that it was around 30 degrees out? That didn't help.
(No, I didn't try to make us all look evil, but we all certainly do! And my red-eye editor wasn't working in the slightest. Neither was my "Make Joe Smile" Photoshop tool.)
Now, I can't lie and say that it was fun, fun, fun, but it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. The fast runners slowed down a bit so that it wasn't torture for some of us (me). We made decent time for running in a group, and ran at about a 9 minute mile. And we were running toward burgers, which I don't eat very often but love when I do, so that was a good incentive. Joe and another hubby were kind enough to run across the street and get 7-11 hot chocolate for us freezing wives once we got there.
The ride home on the metro could have been better. We almost missed it - as in one of our party struggled getting in the metro doors as they were trying to smash him - but thankfully got on.
(This is the longest escalator I've ever been on! And when you're trying to catch the Metro it can seem even longer!)
No comments:
Post a Comment