Thursday, February 7, 2013

Stop Singing!

Here's Sammy at "Music Makers", a music class held at our church and organized by some friends. Do you notice that he's not making any music, but everyone else is? Well, I know you can't hear the picture, but you can see he looks more like he wants to preach a sermon.
He spent most of the class laying on the floor, curled up next to me and every time I'd ask him if he wanted to join in he'd yell "no Mommy!". Then he'd hide his face. I think I'm done going to the class because this has happened every time. I just keep thinking he's going to warm up.

This must be a phase all of my children must go through to fulfill their proper child development because he's the last in a long line of kids who have told Joe and I to "STOP SINGING!". I realize I don't have a lovely singing voice, but come on! No songs are allowed currently except the theme song to his favorite show "Umi Zoomi". I go to bed with it seared to my brain. It doesn't help that Joe loves to sing it to Sammy over and over. It's like their greeting now.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: