Saturday, April 27, 2013

Back to the days of one child

Joe is being a real champ right now. After running 24 miles this morning (I only ran a measly 10 so I have no right to complain that I'm tired), he dug down deep for some extra energy and took the older 4 kids camping.
We're having beautiful spring weather- 70s in the day and mid 40s at night - and no bugs, which I think is the main reason he went! A couple of friends set up a camping location and planned the gathering, so all they have to do is show up and roast weenies and marshmallows. I convinced him that Maggie would sleep if he took her - I hope she complies!

So now it's just Sam and I. He's become a scootering maniac so we set off for the park. It's so strange just having one kid for a while. He keeps running around and yelling "oh no! The chickies (sparrows) are going to get my butt!". I don't know where this notion came from, but it's pretty funny.
I'm hoping for an early bedtime for Sammy and some quiet time for mom. I think Joe's night is going to be a little less comfortable!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: