Sunday, April 12, 2009

Luray Caverns

We hadn't done much our whole spring break, so on the last day I finally got in gear.  I made Joe take the day off work, had our plan to leave bright and early at 8 a.m. for Luray Caverns and...Aaron got sick.  Someone is always sick!  He thought he was going to toss his cookies all morning, so we kept putting off our day trip until I was super annoyed that my big, fun, family-togetherness-outing (Joe calls it an "ordeal") was going to be cancelled.  But, lo and behold, at noon Aaron declared that he was all better, so I shoved everyone in the car and we all raced off to the caves an hour and a half away.  I think the kids had fun, but much more importantly, I don't have to feel guilty for being as boring of a mom for not planning ANYTHING over spring break.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I just turned to Sam and with much dismay informed him, "Heather hasn't updated her blog since April 12th!" to which he replied, "Well, you need to scold her then." Soooo... consider yourself scolded! I know you have 4 kids but come on, your life can't be THAT busy, right? Haha.. just kidding. I know you are SUPER busy but just know I am waiting patiently for some more goodness from your direction!

Kurt said...

I'm a cousin of Joe, son of his Aunt Susan.

You have a ton of hilarious posts. I especially enjoyed the one of Joe reading a bedtime story about tanks to your daughter, and the post where he bravely defends our nation on the shores of the Philippines. Also, incredibly impressive egg-decorating.

Hope you guys are doing well.