Sunday, January 24, 2010

Christmas Eve 2009

Here's the start of our Christmas Eve dinner with James, Melinda, Christian, Alex, Michael and Madeline Palmer. Look at all that salsa - I think they filled up 30 little cups. Next time I'm sending them in with some tupperware.

It doesn't look like your traditional Christmas dinner fare, does it? Well, the Palmers have a tradition, started back when Sally had all the kids at home, that everyone picks part of the Christmas Eve dinner. Here is our first offering: burritos from Baja Fresh (we WERE going to get them from Chipotle, but don't even get me started on how unreliable employees are when you call the day before and verify what time they'll be closing on Christmas Eve! You shouldn't get a pregnant lady mad!). Aaron wanted the burritos, and I was just going to make them, but Joe had mercy on me. Since I'm still morning sick and the thought of cooking meat made me run for the bathroom, he insisted that we get take-out. What a nice guy.


Here are Joe and Maggie bonding over some chips and salsa. We had a number of other courses that didn't really go well together, but that everyone ate nonetheless: cream puffs, Cheetos, pineapple, bbq meatballs, caesar salad, hot chocolate, IBC root beer, mini cheesecakes, french fries, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
































The boys were really into the root beer and toasting to various weird things (Cheetos? Pokemon? who knows!)
















Maggie goes for the eye jab. She couldn't get enough of Madeline. And she keeps asking for Madeline, even though she's thousands of miles away now in Hawaii. Sniff. She also asks for Uncle James ("OH NOOOOO!")

Maggie really had fun with all the commotion around the house.
Christian, on the other hand, was looking for a little more excitement.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Holy Smokes! Doth mine eye deceive me? A new blog post? My day has been made!

Wish we could have celebrated with you guys. I love the tradition... something that Sam has managed to forget during all of my, "What are some of the Palmer family traditions you want to do in our family?" poking and prodding.

All of your munchkins are getting so huge it freaks me out!

I hope you are doing at least a little bit better at this pregnancy point. You're the first Palmer venturing into "5 kid" territory! I can't wait!