Well, I've been a bit obsessed with food lately, since I'm now happy to eat it again. All of it. Well, okay, not all of it (see bottom two pictures). I've been making 3-4 new recipes a week and spending way too much time looking at food blogs and salivating. Since, thank goodness, there are no pictures of me hogging out, I'll post a few pics of my kiddos chowing down.
Here's Daniel at preschool mixing up some Corn Cakes for our lesson on George Washington (for President's Day). He's better than a blender!

This was for another preschool lesson on senses (I was teaching about sight, but this activity really covered all senses - I didn't want to just SEE that melted butter, I wanted it dripping from my mouth!). The kids loved watching the popcorn pop - I think many of them had the thought that popcorn just magically appears in a bag in the microwave. If you're interested, we have a preschool blog where we post pictures from our lessons - check it out!
http://www.ourcoolpreschool.blogspot.com/
Here was another preschool activity - a field trip to Krispy Kreme. It was the crowning glory to our week on studying senses. We all left with large boxes of doughnuts. Dan is in the red, watching the process of doughnuts soaking in the grease. I don't even want to guess at how many calories and fat were consumed that day...

Aaaah, heaven!

Maggie ate the whole thing, which doesn't happen every day. She's still a picky eater, even with goodies. This one had green and white sprinkles, though (upside-down), which must have made it much more delicious.

Yes, and here is the treat you wish you could have enjoyed with us - tuna from a can at 7:00 am.! I had to take pictures, because I was laughing so hard at the spectacle. Dan and Maggie were like little birds in a nest chirping at their mama (or papa in this case) for more food. It's not like they didn't have options of toast or cereal or oatmeal, etc! Joe couldn't shovel it into their mouths fast enough.

Are they really related to me???? Yuck! I'm amazed that even Miss Picky loves it, but will routinely stick up her nose at spaghetti or quesadillas or even, gasp!, apple pie.

So, if you ever come to stay with us, we'll be happy to serve you up some of our specialty for breakfast - Tuna a la Can.
2 comments:
OH MY WORD! Tuna straight from the CAN?! Not even mixed with lots of mayo and salt and pepper and melted cheese to take the tuna taste away?? I can't believe it! Wow--wish I could gag it down like that... would probably do my thighs some good. This is a good lesson for me... I routinely find myself dressing up different foods for Leah the way that I like them, even if she's never tasted them. I should just try to get her to like things the natural, healthy way. Straight from the can!
Or, I could just take her to krispy kreme! YUUUMMM! Mr. Kreme was my emotional comfort of choice in college.
Oh, and I didn't know you taught preschool?! This makes me very happy because by the time we potentially move there, Leah will be just the right age to begin. If you're still doing it, that is.
Looks like you guys have a lot of fun!
I love the pictures Bean!! The kids are looking so much older... I wish we lived closer :(
Post a Comment