Friday, February 19, 2010

Snow Days


Some of the snow days were fun. Here Joe is shoveling off the trampoline so that it doesn't fold in on itself. It was pretty heavy snow. Notice the large boulder of snow about to land on Aaron's head. That was Joe's favorite game of the afternoon. He got Josh quite a few times too.

These were the small icicles - a couple of days later they were REALLY big, but I forgot to take pictures.
Let me say how happy I am that it has stopped snowing and that the kids are now back in school! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but I got so out of my routine that it was really good to get back.
Check out the days of school missed recently, and you'll see why I was ready for our normal schedule.

Friday, Jan. 29 - No School (teacher workday)
Sat.
Sun.
Monday, Feb. 1 - NO school (teacher workday)
Tuesday - school
Wed. - NO school (we got 3ish inches)
Thurs. - school
Friday - NO school
Sat. No anything! (the day we got 26"!!)
Sun. No Church
Monday, Feb. 8- No school
Tuesday- No school
Wed. - No school
Thurs- No school
Friday- No school
Sat.
Sun. 1 hour church
Monday, Feb. 15- NO school (still couldn't get sidewalks, parking lots and buses cleared of snow)
Tuesday - 2 hour late start
Wed., Feb. 17th - FINALLY BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!
So, out of 13 school days, our kids went to 2 1/2 days!!!
(okay, 2 of those missed days were teacher workdays, but they still contributed to the kids being home an awful lot. I know the school district wishes they could take back those teacher workdays now!)

Frozen Maggie!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

OH MAN talk about cabin fever! Now I'm starting to understand why my mom wasn't nearly as enthused as I was when our school got cancelled. I just thought she'd be over the moon to have me home all day!

I will say that all of these pictures of you guys are amping me up for our possible (probable) relocation!!