There are many other things to update, but since we just had our last soccer games yesterday and they're fresh on my mind (and not much is fresh on my mind these days), I thought I'd better start there.

Danimal is a good name for Dan when he's on the field. He's on the attack! That kid has so much energy and he puts it to good use when you give him a soccer ball.

It was sort of embarrassing how many times he scored a goal. I mean, it's a church league and we're supposed to let everyone learn and have fun, right? Well, Dan WAS having fun getting that ball every chance he could and taking it to the goal. Never mind the carnage of little girls knocked over on his way to victory!

Next year he'll be playing with our city league, since he's getting a bit older, and we'll see if he still has the killer instinct!

Hi Sammy! Here's a brief glimpse at our smiley guy. We just got this new stroller and I think he likes the increased view he now has.
Okay, that's all the break you're going to get. Now, on to more soccer...
Here's Joshie running along on the soccer field, looking the opposite direction from where the action is going on. That was typical for many of the games in Josh's soccer career. He's even been whacked with the ball and caught unawares. BUT, we think he's now found his niche. I'm not sure why, but I don't think he's ever really played keeper/goalie in games past.

His coach has put him in goal the last few games - he has definitely liked it and has saved many goals. I think it's because he's really paying attention to a SINGLE job when he's the keeper, which is "keep the ball out of the net!"
And look at that great kick! I don't think the Palmers have seen that kind of flexibility in their line in the last 3 generations!
This one he saved...
but every once in a while one like this gets by:
No, that's not Josh in the yellow. Josh is laying on the ground, after his dive to (unsuccessfully) stop the ball. My favorite part is, now look very closely, his leg sticking straight up in the air. I always get a good laugh when I watch Josh playing sports. He's not really trying to be funny, but he just is. I like to amuse myself by wondering what's going on in that brain of his when he's on the field, such as in the following:

"Boy this sun is hot. Wait, did that lady just get the end of game snacks out? I think she did! Where are my glasses when I need them! Do you think coach will notice if I just pop over there for a second and get a juice box?"

"These are sure cool, red gloves. I wonder what they taste like..."

"I wonder when my mom is going to cut my hair. My head is feeling rather heavy and large. I think it may affect my ability to really spring at the ball. She's going to hear it from me if I miss the next one!"
(Think back to the 80's and assume robot voice) "Domo arigato Mr. Roboto. Domo, domo..." Is it possible he knows that song?
Ahhh, and here we are at the last game of the season.
Aaron was looking good and made a few nice plays. He really likes soccer and plays well enough to make it really fun to watch. In one of his games he scored 4 goals!

Look at those fall colors! Oh yeah, and there's Aaron too! I was so mesmerized by the beautiful colors this weekend - they were really quite beautiful.

Oh, poor Dan. Pressed into service pushing a screaming baby. I think Sam actually did scream the whole lap that Dan made around the field. That guy there was probably wondering if Dan took off with someone's baby or something. Really it was just his parents wanting to have a bit of peace and quiet!
Aaron working hard...

And Maggie and Dan working hard! We made them run laps from us to the flag, because they were bugging us by poking each other and whining. They actually had quite a bit of fun during their forced physical punishment.

Maggie goes for the tackle!

Dan doing somersaults while Maggie tries to recover.



Oh, the craziness never ends around here! I have about 15 more of these kinds of pictures if you'd like me to send them to you. They couldn't get enough of making faces and then looking at them in the camera.

And we'll end on this sweet little note. Awwww, what a cutie.

And, just in case you're wondering, there's no rest for the weary. Basketball season starts this week. Hooray.
No comments:
Post a Comment