Friday, October 8, 2010

Mistakes, Mishaps and Messes

Look at this sweet little face. No one would suspect her of outright defiance and antagonism, would they?
Now I ask you to witness the following moisture on the ground. No, it's not rainwater. No, it's not spilled bubbles. No, it's not the evidence of someone's tipped over cup of water. Oh, no, it IS what you think it is. During the creation of an amazing chalk masterpiece, the "arteest" realized that she was too far from home with too little time to reach it. So she let it fly and then walked up to me, where I was talking with a number of other mothers and said something along the lines of "Mommy, look at the puddle!" It hadn't rained for days. But it's been storming in our house. All I can say is that we've been using a lot of antibacterial wipes and I've been practicing counting to 10 a lot. I'm really good at it now. She will NOT push my buttons. Please.

Dan has been loving kindergarten and has really hit his creative groove. He wakes up each morning, gets ready for school and then starts making craft projects. There's a lot of cutting and pasting and drawing going on at our house, with the accompanying messes. But that's okay - I'm glad he's having fun. Here's one of his latest creations:
Notice the shorts and the midsection - it's a big step in the right direction! Usually his people consist of just a head and legs. I just wish he wouldn't take the concept of "canvas" so literally:
Okay, so the pillow is not actually canvas, but come on! Drawing pictures on my throw pillows for the living room couch?!!!

On to other happenings. We have a tradition of having cinnamon rolls for every General Conference. Basically, it's my excuse to make a really yummy treat that I don't usually take the time to make (except for Christmas). (By the way, these are not my cinnamon rolls - I couldn't find my picture of the ones I made so I got this off the internet.).
So, look at the above goodness and then ask yourself what's wrong with the picture below. Do you see any Legos in the previous picture of cinnamonny deliciousness??? I emphatically say NO! Then WHAT are those Legos doing on my RISING cinnamon rolls?????
Obviously there was an accident - both with the cinnamon rolls and with the Lego vehicle. Thankfully, cinnamon roll dough can bounce back from most damage that is inflicted on it. I don't think the Lego car was so lucky. Those rolls did eventually rise again and my hips are much worse for that fact. I should have let their final resting place be in the pan.


And, let there be no mistake, there's no mishap with the following pictures. I just have to end every post with a cute snapshot or two of the babe.

Life must be good when you can shove most of your fist in your mouth and happily fall asleep.



1 comment:

Nellie said...

I was cleaning out my inbox and came across your blog address (again)! Yippee! I need to add it to mine. Anyway, those kiddos are fantastically adorable! Sorry for your potty training nightmare - 3 year olds are tricky. Our #5 found his thumb, too, and I loved it!! Then he got teeth and stopped all on his own. ? I am a huge fan of self-soothers!