Friday, March 22, 2013

I must love my kids

What will you do for those you love? Does it include violating the protected naptime of your two year old? Does it also involve taking that two year old shopping during that naptime? Not shopping at Target or the like, but somewhere much more...difficult. Do you love your kids enough to dig around in vats of smelly fish, making sure to get ones that are NOT gutted, while your two year old grabs every smelly, fishy bin he can possibly reach?


I assure you that these pictures actually don't look as bad as it smelled. Those fish look kind of cute - but don't be fooled. Their filmy, sunken eyes creeped me out.


All this love of mine was put to the test so that Aaron, Josh and Joe could go on a "survival" overnight with the Scouts and learn how to clean fish, not freeze in freezing weather and make crafts out of a soda can (okay, maybe they'll make it into a pot to boil water). I guess it will be good for them, or so I kept telling Josh who was groaning and complaining about his impending doom. He should just be glad I couldn't find any ants like Joe wanted me to.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: